This month’s COP26 global conference was billed as the “last chance” for curbing climate change, but how will you achieve your Net Zero Carbon goals?
Far too many companies do not know what they have in terms of buildings and assets, so they have no information on which to target for their reductions. Accurate information on CAD plans, asset registers, occupancy details, etc., is vital if you want to run your estate with maximum efficiency and reduce your carbon emissions.
At Sircle, we’ll detail what you have, how it’s used, and where assets are in their lifecycle. This will allow you to take steps to reach Net Zero and reduce spending, improve efficiency, and potentially a ROI.
Here’s how our services can really make a difference:
Accurate CAD drawings provide more than just a picture of the building outlines; they are the foundation on which all services within the Estates, Facilities, Capital, Soft FM and Compliance departments are delivered.
Some examples of how CAD drawings have provided information for projects that have resulted in better efficiency and carbon reduction are:-
- Estates Teams – Improve room occupancy and utilisation of space, as well as plan for home working. By reducing the space required to deliver the same services, the client was able to lower heating and cleaning costs, also reducing miles driven by staff.
- Soft Services – Using accurate drawings and basic room details, the client precisely calculated the cleaning requirements for their estates; this reduced the amount of chemicals being used, ensured spaces were cleaned in line with requirements and allowed for benchmarking of cleaning operatives.
- Facilities Departments – Using accurate drawings, the client calculated heated volumes and determined the actual heating requirements based on size, occupancy, and building use. We also provided a detailed asset register that allowed them to replace inefficient assets and reduce natural gas by reducing the heating requirements.
- Capital Departments – Again, using the CAD drawings, the client’s building lighting requirements were determined, and a move to LED lighting has significantly reduced their power and maintenance costs.
Click here to find out more about our CAD & Measured Survey services.
- Ensure your assets are maintained in line with the manufacturer’s requirements, as well as their actual usage
- Production of a 5, 10, 15-year asset replacement plan. The lifecycle will indicate when assets are due to come to the end of life; you can plan and budget to replace them with more environmentally friendly alternatives. This can be added to your carbon reduction plan. Did you know replacing assets before they come to the end of life can have a negative impact on the environment?
- faster repairs
- reduced risk
The reports we produce will also help you plan for emergencies and react quickly to faults.
Plan, budget and forecast over a period of up to 25 years with an M&E Asset survey from Sircle. For more information click here.