Fire Door Safety Week, 20-26 September
Sircle proudly pledges its support to Fire Door Safety Week, an annual campaign set up to engage and educate building owners and users about the critical role that fire doors play in delaying the spread of smoke and fire and keeping occupants and firefighters safe.
Why are well fitted and functioning fire doors important?
- To maintain fire compartmentation, containing the spread of a fire and restrict its growth
- To protect escape routes and maximise the time available for occupants to evacuate safely
- To reduce the damage to the building and its contents
- To maximise the efforts of firefighters to extinguish the fire as safely as possible
What checks can I do to ensure my fire door is safe?
- Check the fire door for labels to show it’s certified
- Make sure your door has combined fire and smoke seals and that there is an even gap of approximately 3 to 4mm around the door. Ensure seals are fitted at the top and sides of the door
- Check CE Marked hinges are firmly fixed and correctly fastened to the door and door frame
- Ensure the integrity of your fire door isn’t breached
How can Sircle help you?
If you’re not able to undertake the necessary checks, or are uncertain as to your compliance, our in-house Fire Surveying Teams are here to help and deliver a full UK-wide service.
Following a comprehensive examination of your fire doors a detailed report is produced highlighting any issues regarding remedial actions, giving you the confidence and peace and mind that they are compliant and provide the protection required.
Speak to us today [email protected].
To find out more about Fire Door Safety Week click here.