Fire Safety Surveyor
At Sircle we deliver a broad range of services to some amazing clients across all sectors – a large number of which are in the NHS and public sector. We regularly receive positive client feedback on the way our team works closely with them to successfully deliver the project requirements. The close relationship we have with our clients and the high levels of satisfaction has helped shape the growth of the business – we forward plan to predict as well as react to client requirements.
- To carry out Fire Safety Surveying Services offered by Sircle.
- To work in association with the Compliance Manager and in a surveying capacity for the provision of various clients’ fire safety project work.
- Circa £26 -£32k (depending on experience), performance-related bonus, professional fees paid.
- To deliver the full range of Fire Safety surveying services carried out by Sircle, including but not limited to:
- Passive fire safety surveying – Conducting site-based inspections of passive fire protection measures including: fire door sets, compartmentation, ductwork, fire stopping and other fire protection elements within buildings
- Pre and post-work inspections
- Provide reports – highlighting any remedial action required and define
solutions to any issues identified
- Ensure the health and safety of colleagues, customers and the general public on all projects
- Good knowledge of technical standards, fire risk assessment and fire safety law
- Accountable for making a significant contribution to the operational and commercial performance of the fire safety services offered
- Sound knowledge of fire-related standards and regulations
- Work collaboratively across the business to ensure we have an integrated approach to service delivery, quality and client focus
- To assist on the operational use of software and provide recommendations to feed into IT strategic plans and reviews
- Undertake regular communication with Client’s to co-ordinate programmes of inspections and remedial works
- Compliance Services – To work with the Compliance Manager to develop and deliver a broader service offer that could include Asbestos reinspection, legionella etc. Previous experience in this area is not essential, just a commitment to explore effective ways of delivering a strong compliance offer.
- Understanding of Fire Safety Regulatory Reform Order 2005
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulations
- Experience in the passive fire protection industry with knowledge of the systems and how they should be installed
- Carrying out Fire Safety Services surveys and production of Fire Safety reports
- Experience of using compliance-based technology
- Monitoring systems to assess risk
- Business Development. Winning work from existing and new clients
- Clean driving license
- Strong project management skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to extract relevant data and provide clear and concise reports for others.
- Attention to detail
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively, in a clear, articulate and persuasive manner.
- Strong customer focus
• Relevant Surveying, Asset Management or Construction Qualification.
• Candidates should be experienced in Passive Fire and have appropriate qualifications in the field. FDIS, ASFP, FIRAS or equivalent qualifications are desirable.
• Broader knowledge of statutory compliance and related legislation
• Knowledge and passion for the use of technology to gather fire safety information.
This role could suit an experienced surveyor or a tradesperson/ supervisor with significant experience of the installation of fire doors / other passive fire and qualifications/accreditations in the area and looking to move more into a surveying role.
To apply, or to discuss the role in more detail, please email: [email protected].
“Our philosophy has always been to invest in good people. It's our people that make Sircle, and it's because of them that our company has grown.”Managing Director, Sircle