Business Development Executive
Following sustained growth over the last 30 years, Sircle wishes to continue with our ambitious growth plans and we are now seeking a Business Development Executive to join our sales team serving the south east.
The successful candidate will report to the Business Development Manager, supporting them in driving new sales, developing existing business and playing a key part in our success. This role would suit an ambitious, hardworking individual seeking career development as we review and develop our service offerings geographically and across new clients.
- Supporting the Business Development Manager in liaising with estimating and surveying teams to provide information during the estimating, throughout the project and at completion.
- As directed by the regional BDM, undertake phone calls to either existing clients or calls targeting new clients, follow up with emails and marketing materials etc. across a wide geographical area, focusing on specific sectors (i.e. Healthcare, Education) or Service (i.e. Fire, PM, etc.)
- Input, update, manage and maintain information and data on companywide databases, ensuring accurate records are kept of client interactions, meetings, estimates, sales and projects
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding the supply / transfer of their drawings and information prior to project commencing, update on progress and act as an intermediary during the project build up.
- Liaise with colleagues to prepare sales and marketing reports
- Support and attend events, conferences, and exhibitions as and when required (either to be part of the build-up, as part of the stand presence or just for a day to build up industry knowledge).
Required Skills / Experience:
- Track record of working in a business-to-business sales environment (telesales and/or account management)
- Experienced in working to deadlines, targets and within a collaborative team environment
- Confident working through the sales process with the ability to understand client needs
- Excellent communication skills over the phone and face-to-face (meetings & events) and professional written communication skills
- Proficient in using IT systems including MS Office and Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM)
- Pro-active, persuasive & confident with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of surveying and estates management would be a distinct advantage, but not essential
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 (depending on experience) + bonus and pension
To apply please send your CV to [email protected]
“Our philosophy has always been to invest in good people. It's our people that make Sircle, and it's because of them that our company has grown.”Managing Director, Sircle