Fire Safety Surveyor
Sircle are looking to hire a Fire Safety Surveyor. The successful applicant will join us at a perfect time for the growth of the business and be ideally placed to personally develop and progress.
Salary/Package: circa £25 -£32k (depending on experience), company car (a clean driving license is required), performance related bonus, professional fees paid
Reporting to: Compliance Manager
Location: North of England/Midlands, but not essential
Purpose of the role:
To carry out Fire Safety Surveying Services offered by Sircle, working in association with the Compliance Manager and in a surveying capacity for the provision of various client’s fire safety project work.
The job description below covers the main areas, but is not exhaustive, nor will it remain static – the successful applicant will be encouraged to contribute ideas that shape the future.
• To deliver the full range of Fire Safety surveying services carried out by Sircle, including but not limited to:
• Passive fire safety surveying – Conducting site-based inspections of passive fire protections measures including Fire door sets, compartmentation, duct work, fire stopping and other fire protection elements within buildings
• Pre and post work inspections
• Provide reports – highlighting any remedial action required and define solutions to any issues identified
• Fire risk assessment review
• Ensure the health and safety of colleagues, customers and the general public on all projects
• Good knowledge of technical standards, fire risk assessment and fire safety law
• Accountable for making a significant contribution to the operational and commercial performance of the fire safety services offered
• Sound knowledge of fire related standards and regulations
• Work collaboratively across the business to ensure we have an integrated approach to service delivery, quality and client focus
• To assist on the operational use of software and provide recommendations to feed into IT strategic plans and reviews.
• Undertake regular communication with Client’s to co-ordinate programmes of inspections and remedial works.
• Understanding of Fire Safety Regulatory Reform Order 2005
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulations
• Experience in the passive fire protection industry with knowledge of the systems and how they should be installed.
• Carrying out Fire Safety Services surveys and production of Fire Safety reports.
• Experience of using compliance-based technology
• Monitoring systems to assess risk.
• Business Development. Winning work from existing and new clients
• Clean driving license
• Strong project management skills
• Good IT skills
• Ability to extract relevant data and provide clear and concise reports for others.
• Attention to detail
• Good organisation and communication skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively, in a clear, articulate and persuasive manner.
• Strong customer focus
- Relevant Surveying, Asset Management or Construction Qualification.
- Candidates should be experienced in Passive Fire and have appropriate qualifications in the field. FDIS, ASFP, FIRAS or equivalent qualifications are desirable.
• Broader knowledge of statutory compliance and related legislation
• Knowledge and passion of the use of technology to gather fire safety information.
This role could suit an experienced surveyor or a tradesperson/ supervisor with significant experience of the installation of fire doors / other passive fire and qualifications/ accreditations in the area and looking to move more into a surveying role.
To apply, or to discuss the role in more detail, please email: [email protected]